The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11.24 WebDAV over https URL-encodes file names twice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omni Support, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Omni Support

Omni Support Registered

I represent a company that makes a product which synchronizes data via WebDAV over https. Over the last 10 days or so, we've been getting support tickets from customers using cPanel 11.24 about their synchronization being broken.

We're not getting similar reports from folks running other WebDAV servers, and our employee that has access to a cPanel 11.23 server through bluehost is able to synch just fine. Our customers, when given accounts on the employee's box, are able to sync to that server, but not their own.

Here's what we're observing: our data files include the equals character in the filename. The server seems to be double URL-encoding the file names, which causes it to look for a file that doesn't exist and return a 404 for the request.

Example: we have a file named "foo=bar.zip". This should be URL-encoded as "foo%3Dbar.zip", but what happens is that the server produces a URL that contains "foo%253Dbar.zip" instead. ('%25' is the URL-encoding for the percent sign character; the correctly encoded address is URL-encoded a second time, and that sequence gets inserted instead of the actual character.)

If someone from cPanel could contact us, we'd love to work with them to resolve this; if it's a bug in our code, we're definitely interested in fixing it. I saw the notice that trouble tickets should be submitted via the support interface, but one of the required fields is the IP address of a cPanel server; we don't have one, and don't want to submit customer data without their permission.

I'll bookmark this thread, but the quickest way to contact us would be to email omnifocus@omnigroup.com; that's the support address for our product that's affected by this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

Please email cs@cpanel.net and post the ticket # here. I will have it transfered over to the tech side.

Thanks

3. Omni Support

Omni Support Registered

I've sent email to cs@cpanel.net from the customer support address for that product, as well as from my work address. Neither email seems to have generated a "we got your message" response. (Checked the spam filters as well.)

Any way to check and make sure the emails actually made it to you guys?

4. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The ticket# is 352550.

5. Omni Support

Omni Support Registered

Thanks very much for the assistance.