The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luke_S, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Luke_S

Luke_S Registered

I just recently setup a server for my boss, and we're getting close to releasing our web-site. My boss has 1100 domains parked with a registar, and we would like to have them parked on our server and go to our main domain/account.

Now changing the DNS isnt a problem because goDaddy has a bulk DNS option, atleast that's what he says. The biggest problem I see is parking all 1100 domains on our sites user account since you seem to only be able to add one at a time (we have a dedicated server btw).

I've already asked my hosting provider about this, and they sent me here. My question is: Is there a way to paste the complete list of domains and add them all in bulk? Maybe if there isnt an option built in, is there a way to create a script that will do the trick?

Adding every one of them would be a major pain... Especially when I myself have a few more thousand lines of code to do that needs to be done my tomorow, since our launching date is January 1st, which if not everying goes right, we may have to push back to the 2nd or 3rd, depending on if the advertisors are willing to push it back a couple days.

Thanks in advance :)

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you just want them parked, then the simplest way is for you to make a list of them in the format:

ServerAlias domain.com www.domain.com domain2.com www.domain2.com etc...
    ServerAlias domain100.com www.domain100.com domain101.com www.domain101.com etc...

Do that for perhaps 100 per line each line starting with ServerAlias. Then ask your provider to add them to the VirtualHost container for your main domain in httpd.conf and restart apache.

That will work if all you want them for is web access.

If you want to receive email for any of them, then your provider is also going to need to write a script to add each domain to the relevant mail files as done in /scripts/park.

3. Luke_S

Luke_S Registered

I'm on a dedicated server so technically I am the provider ;)

The "host" I rented it from has no idea.