The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 backup related questions

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by niceboy, Sep 22, 2014.

1. niceboy

niceboy Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    1. Thru ssh, how we can disable and re-enable end user full backup feature for all users?
    Some times, the server will have high load as many users/resellers are using automated cpanel backups to their remote ftp accounts thru php scripts. I want to disable and and re-enable this backup feature based on server load for all users.. I read that 95% of whm tasks can be done thru ssh, and hope that there is a command for this one also.

2. How can I modify end user cpanel backups to backup everything except the contents of their home folder?
    When a user logs into cpanel and tries to generate a full backup, the resultant tar file should contain everything except the users files/folders in home folder(/home/user/ folder). I have already seen some hosts do this and could not find an option which does this.

Please help.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

1. Users can access the backup generation feature if it's enabled in the feature list associated with the package assigned to their account. You can ensure the following entries are in the /var/cpanel/features/$list-name file if you want to prevent them from generating backups:

Code:
    backup=0
    backupwizard=0
    2. The only way to generate this type of backup is through the pkgacct script. EX:

Code:
    /scripts/pkgacct --skiphomedir $username
    Thank you.