The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Different Accounts / Same Domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thiago Neves, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Thiago Neves

Thiago Neves Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello guys, this is my first post.
    My name is Thiago and I leave in Canada, Im developing a phone app and I needed to have a VPS for the database. The developer which is in China, told me I have more than enough Hosting for my app, so I decided to use half of the hosting for my E-mail and website.

So, to keep my emails and website files private, I wanted to create a cPanel account to the developer so he doesnt have access to my files.

so I created on a different server a subdomain like app.mydomain.com pointing to the main IP address and then, he asked me to create a new IP address to point to my main domain mydomain.com.

So now, the main IP address and the app.mydomain.com works perfect but mydomain.com which I associated with the new IP I created is getting a 500 error page.

Any ideas to help me out please? Any idea of how to keep 2 separated accounts inside the same hosting?

Thank you very much,

Thiago

2. NOC_Serverpoint

NOC_Serverpoint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

You can create the subdomain as its own cPanel account . For example instead of adding app.mydomain.com as a subdomain to the account for mydomain.com, create a new cPanel account and enter app.mydomain.com as the domain. You can then assign the subdomains account its own ip and your main domain "mydomain.com" a different ip with a separate account.

Regards,

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can create a separate cPanel account for the subdomain if you want to restrict access to a specific subdomain while still offering cPanel access to it's files.

Could you let us know the output from /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log when you encounter the 500 internal server error message?

Thank you.