The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Issues and 1 Question I need help with.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anthonynandez, Sep 15, 2014.

1. anthonynandez

anthonynandez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all, I am having problems with two things so far... and was wondering if an expert, or experienced user has the solution here for me.

1) On the index/ page when you upload no files on the bottom it basically shows everything the server is powered by. How exactly would I go about altering this to show nothing/blank like the other cpanel hosts have done? I did try and look for this but its no where. I do have root access on my server is there a root command by chance?

2) The last thing is a while ago I believe it was 'Tweak Settings' or maybe it was somewhere else I basically told WHM what gets monitored in :2082 (clients accounts) in the Server Status page. I have been checking everywhere and even using the search function and still cant find it.

3) Is LiteSpeed really worth it to replace apache? My server has 2GIG ram, (1 gig burst) and is literally only powering one PHP powered site/CMS. Would the loads be that much more improved scrapping apache and converting over to LiteSpeed?

Thanks for your time & assistance all!

- - - Updated - - -

1) **Meant to say on the index of/ page when nothing is uploaded where it will show powered by apache mod_bw etc... is there away to disable it?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

1. Browse to "WHM Home » Service Configuration » Apache Configuration » Global Configuration" and ensure "Server Signature" is off.

2. This is managed with "WHM Home » Service Configuration » Service Manager".

3. You can search for "LiteSpeed" on our forums and you will see several threads where it's usage is discussed.

Note: For future reference, please keep in mind that it's better to open a separate thread for each individual question to avoid confusion during the discussion.

Thank you.

3. anthonynandez

anthonynandez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael, I did what you said in regards to apache and even restarted that + server and still....

Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at ..... Port 80

Any advice?

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Browse to:

"WHM Home » Service Configuration » Apache Configuration » Global Configuration"

Go to:

"Server Tokens"

Change this to:

ProductOnly

Thank you.

5. anthonynandez

anthonynandez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you now it is working. Wow you guys are awesome at Cpanel!!!! Happy I went with you guys as my control panel. =)

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator