Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

2 Nic setup, WHM functionality would be nice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by netkinetics, Apr 9, 2006.

1. netkinetics

netkinetics Well-Known Member

Home is Baltimore, MD - Currently in the Philippin
    I've got a few servers with dual nics that I use to try and balance out traffic for some larger file oriented sites.

Currently, WHM is only managing one nic, unless there's something I'm not seeing. So I need to add the ip to eth0, create the site and assign the IP, then remove the IP and attach it to the other nic.

Nic 1 goes to one switch, nic 2 goes to another. Offers me failover too. A recommendation for future releases is something that can manage multiple physical nics in a server without having to work around it. It's also a pain keeping track of what IP is where because they aren't listed , or reserved inside of WHM.

Just a suggestion :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

To bring it to cPanel's attention you should post it as an enhancement bugzilla entry if there isn't one already at http://bugzilla.cpanel.net

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netkinetics

netkinetics Well-Known Member

Home is Baltimore, MD - Currently in the Philippin
    Thanks Chirpy .. submitted it as an enhancement / suggestion. Bug #4053 :)