The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Questions :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madpato, Feb 8, 2011.

1. madpato

madpato Active Member

Hello

I have come across a couple of things that i can't resolve, so i'm asking here :)

1. I have a customer who asked me about the java version of my cpanel server, well i do know i have tomcat 5.5, but Java version? how can i find that out? (He needs java 6 btw).

2. I have another customer whose mail passwords are reset or lost, hes the only one who have this issue no other customer reported this, and sincerely i have no clue of what can this be. He says that some accounts cant access either webmail or Outlook (since it starts asking for the password).

Hope you guys can help me.
    Thanks.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello madpato,

The java version is the JRE version. You could do:

Code:
    grep Version /usr/local/jre/README
    It's going to show "Version 6" there based on what I show on my test machine.

For the second question, I'm uncertain here unless the domain isn't properly owned any longer. If you reset the passwords, do the accounts work? To check the domain's ownership, you can run this command:

Code:
    /scripts/whoowns domain.com
    Where domain.com is the domain name.

Thanks.

3. madpato

madpato Active Member

Thank you so much, for the first. Now about the second i restarted exim and everything went back to normal, the account is properly owned (in fact the customer was able to access cpanel with no issue)