Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

2 Servers and want to build redundancy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lamp, Feb 28, 2007.

1. lamp

lamp Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have 2 servers (X,Y) , 1 cpanel license and a big pipe to the internet :).

What I am looking to do:
    -----------------------------
    I would like to have server X be the main server and server Y be the "redundant" identical copy of X... so that if X goes down, Y takes over all of X's tasks (email,webpage,ftp,etc...).

I would like some guidance on how to do this right.

I currently have server X up-and-running and am looking to add server Y to the equation. Do I need to purchase another cpanel license?

If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
    Lamp

2. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Yes the second system will need a cPanel license as well.

How do you plan to manage the switch over between servers? Do you have a hardware load balancer? If not you can use round robin DNS but it doesn't check to see if the other server is online or not...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. forlinuxsupport

forlinuxsupport Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

We offer a nice Failover solution, so if one goes down the other server will take over.

Just PM me for more details.

Regards
    Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...