The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 servers backup together

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by efuzone, Mar 17, 2011.

1. efuzone

efuzone Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    First of all i thanks to admin, this forum is very useful. I have 2 servers one is dedicated server and second is dedicated server, both has cpanel whm and both have root access, but as you know there are many hacking and ddost attacks in world so completly no any server is secured, I can enable daily backup schedule to both servers from whm but i want one thing that my dedicated server automatically transfer daily backups to my vps how is that possible, it will really solve my problem thanks..

2. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

i would suggest to get a remote server ftp host for backup i mean a EXTERNAL STORAGE device where you can RSYNC FTP your data back if anything happens.should be compatible with cpanel
    if the vps get hacked or the provider get a disk damage you will lose eveyrthing or imagineto have a downtime when you need it:confused:
    until that time you can create an account on the vps and pass the ip ,username pass to the dedicated configuration backup and a /foldername folder where cpanel will save the backups.
    after
    /scripts/cpbackup --force
    force a backup to see if everything ok and check the logs

3. efuzone

efuzone Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks sir,
    You reply is really appreciated. I have one windows server i have RDP administrator access of it. I manually download backups from backup drive through winscp how is that if i create a ftp account to any one domain of windows server and provide to both dedicated and vps backup configuration so that they auto remote backup to windows server FTP? one morething i want to know for example if backups are remotely uploading to FTP right and backups willl be available to servers cpbackup directory also?

4. k-planethost

i dont know if its compatible cpanel box with windows for this try.
    but i told you the most easy way is to get a remote backup which starts from 9 dollars per 50 giga and scedule cpanel backups daily weekly monthly if you want the process will be automated and you wouldnt spend time downloading backups etc. if anything happen you login from ssh to your remote and fire an rsych command to move a specific account or whole accounts on the /home directory of the boxes and restore them after.
    you should spend some money but you will get your life easy.
    if it work the ftp way that you say choose different folders for save so the backups not to be all together

5. efuzone

efuzone Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ok can you suggest any cheap and better trusted site?

6. k-planethost

yes i can send you a pm if you want with 2-3 large scale companies that have remote ftp hosts available.
    compatible with cpanel

7. efuzone

efuzone Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    waiting for pm