2 servers using name domain and different hostnames

hostbacbkone

Registered
Sep 13, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

I had one server that was using host name test1.domain.com with ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com

Nameservers where registered to domain registrat as well.

Lately i did get a new server as well and i want to use the same domain with hostname test2.domain.com
and nameservers ns3.domain.com ns4.domain.com

I did setup new server with test2.domain.com as hostname , added the nameserver's IPs and A entries for it, registered ns3,ns4 in domain registrat and also did a DNS cluster between the 2 servers .

But for some reason i can't see test2.domain.com or ns3,ns4 to work... Is something i missed?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please keep in mind that you must setup the "A" records for "NS3/NS4/Test2" on the original server, as that's where the DNS for "domain.com" is handled. A DNS cluster is not helpful if domain names are assigned name servers from just one server in a cluster. I advise disabling the cluster unless you plan on changing the name servers of your domain names.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Koms,

Could you provide some more information about the specific issue you are facing?

Thanks!

Koms

Registered
Nov 18, 2016
Armenia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi cPanelMichael! Thank you for reply!
Actually I have the following configuration.
I have a VPS-1 with WHM/Cpanel. I use aaa.myname.com as a hostname. I use my private name servers ns1.myname.com and ns2.myname.com
Recently I ordered a new VPS-2 with WHM/Cpanel, created a DNS cluster. I use bbb.mydomain.com as host name.
Now I wander if I can use the same name servers for VPS-2.
Actually I have a domain(example.me) hosted in VPS-2, which doesn't respond at all. Even in who.is, while you try to search who is example.me, you get zero result.

Last edited by a moderator: