The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25mbps traffic on UDP port 80: How do I block this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AbeFroman, Aug 19, 2004.

1. AbeFroman

AbeFroman BANNED

I am getting 25mbps traffic on UDP port 80. What is the best way to block this?

2. bking

bking Well-Known Member

The best way would be to have your upstream provider block it - and best at the router closest to the source. You can block it locally, but that wont stop the data actually hitting your box, so it will count against any data allowances your provider may give.

To block it locally, iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 80 -j DROP
    would block all UDP traffic on port 80. If you know where it is coming from add -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to the rule.

Remember though, the data will still hit your box, unless you have your provider block the traffic.

3. AbeFroman

AbeFroman BANNED

Can this be blocked with the APF firewall?

4. bking

bking Well-Known Member

I would think so. I am not sure how APF works.. at the end of the ruleset I am sure you could add that line that I gave earlier and then restart the firewall...
    Again, I am not sure how APF works, but if it is just a normal shell script, just adding the extra rules should work. Maybe someone who has used APF can provide further comment?