May 30, 2016
Portage la Prairie
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We've got two HP servers;
Both servers have 3 cables running to them

eno0 - This cable runs to a 'WAN' switch and has a entire class c network on it
eno1 - This cable runs between both server
MGMT - This cable runs to our Windows server's on a separate switch so we can access the iLO

I've configured eno1 to be an entirely different network from eno0, bring up the nic & ssh backups work between our two servers until there is a reboot once a reboot happens, network access to both servers is gone, I have to use iLO -> Console -> turn off eno1, give it a few minutes and the server comes back up... now this is where it gets odd, I enable eno1 and each server cannot ping eachother

I leave eno1 off, reboot the server allow the server to come back online then enable eno1 and the server's can ping across without any issues.

Sadly this one is above my head and every spot I find online for some advise doesn't lead to a solution, so I'm now hoping to find some advise here in regards to this.

dalem

PartnerNOC
Oct 24, 2003
SLC
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Not sure how your network is configured ( I am making an assumption that your iLO runs on a private network? If I am wrong please correct.
Your routing tables are probably conflicting & the private is taking preference as it might be coming up first .

Try the most minimal config that will work for your Private Lan

to something like

DEVICE=eno1
NAME=eno1
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.1.5
ONBOOT=yes

SolutionsIT

May 30, 2016
Portage la Prairie
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Not sure how your network is configured ( I am making an assumption that your iLO runs on a private network? If I am wrong please correct.
Your routing tables are probably conflicting & the private is taking preference as it might be coming up first .

Try the most minimal config that will work for your Private Lan

to something like

DEVICE=eno1
NAME=eno1
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.1.5
ONBOOT=yes
Thanks for taking the time to respond... but I think I figured it out (and if this is it I really.... really need some holidays haha')

DEFROUTE=yes

That was configured on eno2, iirc that flags that interface as the default route for all ipv4 traffic and would probably break everything.

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I really.... really need some holidays
From the sys admin dictionary:
holiday
/ˈhɒlɪdeɪ/
noun
A period during which server operators and system administrators and staff work in excess of their usual 16 hour days in order that script kiddies and miscreants can be contained and prevented from causing damage to IT infrastructure.