The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Email Problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MalaysiaMel, Dec 17, 2014.

1. MalaysiaMel

MalaysiaMel Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all - I have been trying to resolve this error for several weeks with no success
    I currently have 2 email addresses which I have been using via Outlook for several years. I recently moved both of the domains that contain these accounts and used the Cpanel auto setup for both domains, but since then I have not been able to receive mail from either account,

I hesitate to put the logins to these accounts and the setup data in public forums, but can send it via IM

Thanks in advance

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Have you checked the settings in Outlook, against the proper settings listed in your cPanel? You might start there.

cPanel > Email > Accounts > Scroll down to find email accounts listed here, click the More menu on far right > Configure Email Client > Scroll down to find the Manual Settings area.

Do not post any details about your account on a public forum.

3. MalaysiaMel

MalaysiaMel Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yes I have checked and double checked that all my outlook settings match those listed in cpanel

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you able to create a whole new email address and configure it properly in Outlook to test? Give that a go if you haven't yet.

If you can and it works as expected, you might try and kill the email account with the problem and then recreate it. Backup the account for safe keeping in advance, of course.

Feel free to open a ticket to cPanel Technical Support about this if you like. Those guys can fix anything. :)