Flegm

Apr 18, 2015
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, i've a little problem on my configuration :(
I found a lot of answers for a lot of questions but not for mine !

I went to cPanel > Domains > Redirects to have my non-www domain redirected to www.domain and it's working fine (permanent/generic). But when i'm trying to access to any other page or file like www.domain.com/blog or www.domain.com/sitemap_index.xml i get an 500 internal server error.

Anyone can tell me if i forget somehting please ?
Thanks !

Last edited:

Flegm

Apr 18, 2015
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
[Sat Apr 18 13:45:57 2015] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

It's strange, i only have set one redirection.

madmanmachines

Nov 28, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You likely have multiple '.htaccess' files in place. You should start by checking your user-root(/home/usernamehere/). You can also use the command below to search for them:
Code:
find /home/usernamehere/ -type f -name .htaccess

Flegm

Apr 18, 2015
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Oh, i found more than one but most of them are ok but i've a wordpress installation in a subfolder of public_html. index.php points to this subfolder with :
require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/WordPressSubFolder/wp-blog-header.php' );

I removed the .htaccess in the subfolder and only the public_html one is active now. I tried the redirection and no more 500 error... This is Great !

Thank you very much !

Last edited: