SOLVED [31285 ] Wordpress Manager with outdated Wordpress version

sitespt

Jul 10, 2006
Hi

Wordpress Manager does not seem to have the latest Wordpress version always updated.

My WHM shows version 5.2.1 while the version 5.3.2 is already out from Wordpress.

Is there any way to get the latest Wordpress updated as soon as possible once released?

Thank you

CarlosManceraK

PartnerNOC
Apr 12, 2018
Aguascalientes Mexico
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You will find information in the following link Manage cPAddons Site Software | cPanel & WHM Documentation

To force any outdated cPAddons to update, perform the following steps:
  1. From the second menu, select Upgrade all installs that need it.
  2. Select the user for whom you wish to apply the upgrade. Select All Users to upgrade the installation for all users.
  3. Click Go.

sitespt

Jul 10, 2006
Hi

The option provided is not what I am looking for. I already tried it before, and all it does is updating existing Wordpress installations.

What I am asking is to have the Wordpress repository (installation file) always up-to-date when someone installs Wordpress.
Right now, when a new user installs Wordpress, cPAddons will install version 5.2.1. I would like to get new installations to be installed with the latest version (5.3.2 as of now).

Thank you

CarlosManceraK

PartnerNOC
Apr 12, 2018
Aguascalientes Mexico
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
cpanel gets the installation packages directly from worpress, I think it should wait.

If you wish, you can modify the installation packages and place the current ones inside / usr / local / cpanel / cpaddons /

be sure to replace the old files

sitespt

Jul 10, 2006
Nah, sorry.
Something must be wrong, or at least cPanel can do better than this.

I installed cPAddons a couple of weeks ago, so we are talking about a recent installation/configuration and not an old server.
cPAddons shows Wordpress 5.2.1 (released on May 21, 2019) when today's version is 5.3.2 (released on December 18, 2019 - almost 2 months ago).
This does not seem right to me, taking this long to get these apps updated.

The same happens to WHMCS also in cPAddons: the actual version is 7.8.3 released on September 23, 2019. The latest version is 7.9.1 released on January 13, 2020.

It would be nice to see the latest versions being updated more often, and even to see more addons in the bunch.

I wouldn't modify the installation packages by any means. In my hands, this would be a disaster for sure :oops:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

We do repack the RPM before we ship it, I do see a case to update the Wordpress Manager version of Wordpress to 5.3.X - CPANEL-31285.

Based on the case they are waiting for something else to be completed but I will check in tomorrow with the team that makes these changes and see if I'm able to find out when they anticipate the update as well as any other information that might be available.