The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IcEwAlK, Apr 9, 2005.

1. IcEwAlK

IcEwAlK Registered

Hi,im new and i cant figure out how to add ftp accounts!I tried to use the guide but i think the guide is for a different version than i have.On my main cpannel page i do not have a ftp manager button.I use WHM 10.0.0 cPanel 10.0.0-R161.I just want to set up ftp accounts for users to upload and download to my server.

2. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

you need to contact your host to enable ftp manager

3. IcEwAlK

IcEwAlK Registered

:(

I just got a reply from my host and they are no help to me!I have a FTP configuration button under service configuration but that dont let me set up ftp accounts.It just has me select between proftpd and pureftpd.I have no ftp manager button on the main menu.This is not too fun! :mad:

4. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

so you do have access to WHM, is this your server ?
    after you selected pureftp in WHM, go to your cPanel account and enable your FTP users and reading the cPanel documentation would be a good idea too ;)

5. IcEwAlK

IcEwAlK Registered

OK I made a user account and i am able too access the ftp!!!!Now for another great question!!When accessing the ftp i see a bunch of folders/directories.How can i hide these folders from other users.Folders are tmp,mail etc.Can i change it so users will go to another directory besides the main one.(i hope u understand that!)

6. IcEwAlK

IcEwAlK Registered

I am having trouble resolving my hoatname.I changed my hostname and it will not resolve!I also cant delete a old nameserver entry..i delete it under nameserver manager but it comes back.PLEASE HEEEELP!