stephenpl

Jul 7, 2011
Hi,

I am trying to add an add on domain which is a subdomain created on a 3rd party server. The subdomain has been pointed to my server but it will not allow me to add it as an add on domain.

Any idea's what is the best way to point this 3rd party subdomain to folder on my server?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Stephen.

stephenpl

Jul 7, 2011
The actual domain is not hosted on my server. It is on a different server, with a subdomain setup and pointed to my server. I am looking to have the subdomain resolve to a certian folder on an account on my own server.

stephenpl

Jul 7, 2011
Hi, I have nothing to got to do with the server. The subdomain has been pointed to my servers IP. I am now trying to assosicate that subdomain with a folder on an account on my server but the add on domain will not allow me. The parked domain feature only lets me point it to the main folder but I need it to go to a folder within the main folder.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please post the exact error message you are receiving when attempting to add it as an Addon domain name via cPanel.

Thank you.

stephenpl

Jul 7, 2011

Please post the exact error message you are receiving when attempting to add it as an Addon domain name via cPanel.

Thank you.
Hi,

The error message is;

Code:
Error from park wrapper: Sorry, cannot determine nameserver IPs. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar.<br/>
But as I said in previous posts, it is a subdomain so the name servers are not actually pointed to us. The subdomain is pointed to our server IP.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

You will need to temporarily add the name server IP addresses used with the parent domain via the "Remote Name Server Ips" tab within:

"WHM >> IP Functions >> Configure Remote Service IPs"

You will then be able to add the domain name, at which point you can remove those IP addresses.

Thank you.

stephenpl

Jul 7, 2011
Hi,

I have added the IP's but I am still getting the same error;

Error from park wrapper: Sorry, cannot determine nameserver IPs. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar.<br/>

Am I missing something else? Does it take some time?