The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 processor system ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SebastianC, Jan 31, 2004.

1. SebastianC

SebastianC Active Member

Hello, I know that you can say me stupid guy by this question, but I don't understand several issues in Cpanel yet, and my enlgish is poor, then I can make mistakes, not? ;)

Well, the question is: When I run the cpanel restart script, the system send me this message:

==> cpaneld(logger) 8.0 Starting (4 processor system).....
    ==> WARNING: configured processor count does not match
    ==> actual processor count (1)! Running stats programs
    ==> on this system may cause excessive load!

Stats program isn't running 4 days ago, and, what means the lines "==> cpaneld(logger) 8.0 Starting (4 processor system)....." and "==> WARNING: configured processor count does not match" ?

Thaks for your help,

Sebastian

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Do you have a Dual Xeon system? Dual Xeon w/ hyperthreading are recognized by the system as 4 processors ( tho really just 2 ). If you don't have the above, then perhaps you've got that setting a bit to high. In WHM under "tweak Settings", what do you have listed for:

"The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0):"

3. SebastianC

SebastianC Active Member

Thanks, the value is "3". I put this value because my stats are not generating some days ago, and I see in some post that this is the fix to take stats again...

I have single Pentium 4 CPU...

Then I understand that I need put the default value here (0), but, do you have an idea to solve the stat issue?

Sebastian

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

How often do you have your stats run? What happens when you try and run the stats manually via SSH? If you have your stats running only once per day, consider increasing that. maybe 2, 3 or 4 times per day. The more often you run it, the less chance you have of increasing the load. That is because the log processor has to processes smaller logs so it gets done quicker and cleaner.