The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

403 Forbidden apache 1.3?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by danimal, Jan 24, 2008.

1. danimal

danimal Well-Known Member

Hello!

I can't seem to find an answer to this. I'm using WHM 11 but haven't yet done the EasyApache3 -> Apache 2.x update yet. So I'm still on 1.3.

But I'm finding a weird, yet repeatable problem. If I reload an image three times in quick succession, the third time, it comes back with a 403 Forbidden. But the first 2 it shows. I can then repeat it with the same thing.

So there is something that is complaining, perhaps because of the quick reload. The problem is that I have some PHP scripts that generate a bunch of thumbnails on the fly and some of the thumbnails don't show up because of this. If I reload the page, some do and others don't.

Since it's repeatable, I suspect there is a setting somewhere, but I have no clue where to look or what might be the culprit.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

-Danimal :cool:

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    mod_evasive maybe?

3. danimal

danimal Well-Known Member

Woohoo!

Infopro,

THANK YOU!

That was it. I found this: http://www.webhostingresourcekit.com/255.html and just commented out mod_evasive.

I'm going to be doing the switch via easyapache3 at some point soon (*gulp*), but I wanted to take care of this in the meantime.

All better! I just hope the server doesn't get slashdotted. Doh!

-Danimal :cool: