Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

403 Forbidden error - please help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by degroundshaker, Jan 30, 2012.

1. degroundshaker

degroundshaker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    My name is Mekey Salaria. I had opted for Linux shared hosting package.

Currently I am hosting 2 websites on cPanel.

one of them is jkdownload.com

In jkdownload.com, I have uploaded few PHP files. With all permissions set to chmod 777.

I can see are php files getting displayed and working.

But the major error which I am getting is in validate_music.php

In this file, I have written php code to get values from user through a form and then save those values in database. But when I click "add" button, it shows me an unexpected error every time when i try to add values to database. The error says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /validate_music.php on this server.

"Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.16 Server at jkdownload.com Port 80"

I contacted customer support for the solution but no solution.

Kindly please look into the problem and provide me with the solution for this.

I shall be very thankful to you for this act of kindness.

2. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your hosting provider or developer can only help you because we are not having access to your domain hosted server as well as file validate_music.php. You can try following solutions, check files path which you have used in the file validate_music.php and there permission/ownerships or try to rename the .htacess file present under the public_html directory because many reason cause such problem therefore try to resolve issue from hosting provider ....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...