403 Forbidden, Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Contourlinegraph

Registered
Jan 12, 2020
Los Angeles
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello, I use cPanel as it came with my GoDaddy hosting package. Over the last year I have learned alot, but admittedly on the verge of knowing barley enough to be dangerous and not knowing how to fix certain issues I probably created. I was attempting to upload a fresh version of my website so I created a backup using cPanel backup feature. I began uploading my new files for the fresh site and starting getting other errors not relevant to this thread's issue. So I restored my website from my backup, which was previously 100% functional. I am now receiving this error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

After about a day of google searching and reading other posts from people with similar issues I understand this to be a permissions error? And to my understanding public_html should be 0750, folders within 0755, and files within 0644. I have checked, and aside from .ftpquota this is in fact the case in my file manager. (including .htaccess itself being 0644)

Any help is appreciated, thanks!