The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

404 error message when trying to view website.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clayton Inoa Jr, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Clayton Inoa Jr

Clayton Inoa Jr Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all,

I am trying my best to upload a website for a client. Since I have uploaded and mind you that its in the correct format which is through public_html; I keep getting a 404 error which redirects me onto a page which says "ever felt as you were in the wrong place?". I need this website to be up by friday but I need to upload some of the work as quick as possible. I also used the html editor on the cpanel and for each page when I hit the preview button it redirects me to that 404 error, when I hit the design button it is my design.

Can any one help me with this? Is this a bug? Is it me? Im very annoyed as I've wasted my time all day to upload this site when I could have done more web pages.

Thanks for the help.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is the domain name actually pointing to the location in question? Try digging the domain to see the results as well as checking it at intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health

In root SSH on the server in question, you can run a dig:

Code:
    dig +short domain.com
    If you have access to another Linux box, run the same command there to see the results. The IP should match what the domain has in /var/named/domain.com.db file for the A record (where domain.com is the domain name) and in /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf file. That IP should exist on the machine as well:

Code:
    ifconfig | grep IP#
    Where IP# is the IP for the domain.

3. etaaffair

etaaffair Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hi
    if you not redirects page to exact page , you put it robots.txt and then create new page those you run for website and add sitemap.xml

i think your problem is solved try it

thnks