The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

406 when modifying mailing list

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gerhardlazu, Apr 6, 2008.

1. gerhardlazu

gerhardlazu Member

I am trying to modify a mailing list that I have created, and all I'm getting is a 406 - Not Acceptable error. This is due to mod security as follows:

PHP:
    [Sun Apr 06 19:15:19 2008] [error] [client 78.32.62.145ModSecurityAccess denied with code 406 (phase 2).
    Pattern match "\\\\.(?:c(?:o(?:nf(?:ig)?|m)|s(?:proj|r)?|dx|er|fg|md)|p(?:rinter|ass|db|ol|wd)|v(?:b(?:proj|s)?|sdisco)|a(?:s(?:ax?|cx)|xd)|s(?:html?|ql|tm|ys)|d(?:bf?|at|ll|os)|i(?:d[acq]|n[ci])|ba(?:[kt]|ckup)|res(?:ources|x)|l(?:icx|nk|og)|\\\\w{,5}~|webinfo|ht[rw]|xs ..." at REQUEST_BASENAME
    [
    id "960035"] [msg "URL file extension is restricted by policy"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "server.hostname"] [uri "/mailman/admin/mailing_list_name"] [unique_id "VXv73Vu6HVsAAGcWtYEAAAAD"]

Any ideas as how to fix this?

Cheers.

2. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The mod_security rules would need to be modified. If you don't have access to the rules, you will need your hosting company to modify them.

3. gerhardlazu

gerhardlazu Member

That's cool ckh, the mod_security regex looked a bit scary to be honest, one of the NOCs sorted that out for me. Cheers :).