Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

421 Home directory not available - aborting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuxill, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Fuxill

Fuxill Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hello to all and all who want to help me advent to begin I apologize for my not so good English

so someday everything went well the site was working ftp too and one day after creating a supdate file in docshtml a day after nothing else the ftp makes me do that 421 Home directory not available - aborting and my site Error 404 what to do to help me

2. Fuxill

Fuxill Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ??? wtf the bug has disappeared all by itself if you can tell me why is it occurred for not that the problem recomence

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    First I would suggest reading the following: Guide To Opening An Effective Forums Thread

For the type of information that is helpful when opening a thread.

Second, it's really difficult based on the information provided to even presume to know what occurred, I'd suggested checking the logs on the server /var/log/messages for FTP related information and /etc/apache2/logs/error_log for site related information, if you don't have access to these logs I'd suggested working with your provider to identify the cause of the issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...