Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

421 too many concurrent smtp connections

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Wsupport, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Wsupport

Wsupport Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Recently there is one particular domain complaining that they can't sent out email intermittently and often receiving error "421 too many concurrent smtp connections" . When checking in the exim_mainlog, I found that their IP address always exceeding the allowed concurrently SMTP connection limit which is 100.

My question is how can I find out which user of the domain is causing the problem?

2. Wsupport

Wsupport Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ok, I had just did further checking in log file and found that there is another domain is currently being attack, there are a lot of traffic coming in trying to send spams to users that do not exist in this domain. Below are some small portion of the log records.

Is this the cause of problem mentioned in my above post? if yes, how can I stop it from congesting the SMTP connections?

I have mask the recipient domain with ----.com in below log due to privacy.

- Removed -

#2 Wsupport, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you post the log output in CODE tags, ensuring to remove any identifying information (e.g. domain names, IP addresses)?

Thank you.