The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

451 Could not complete sender verify callout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WireNine, Mar 30, 2007.

1. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How to fix this so our server is able to complete the sender verification properly? The "Use callouts to verify the existence of email senders." option is disabled but when sending emails to a server which does have that option enabled, we are getting bounced emails and we cannot request that everyone turn off their callout option in exim configuration so the only way to fix this would be on our server to allow the callout verification to be completed properly :)

Any ideas?

2. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

This may have something to do with RBL settings in WHM Exim configuration.

If you do have RBL enabled in Exim, go to WHM and click on Exim Configuration, Advanced editor.

In the second box below where it says begin acl, find a line that looks similar to the following....

dnslists = dnsbl.njabl.org : bl.spamcop.net : sbl.spamhaus.org : list.dsbl.org : cbl.abuseat.org : relays.ordb.org :

Remove this part...

relays.ordb.org :

It seems that ordb.org is not operating any longer and will cause this 451 error if callouts is checked in WHM.

It should look like this....

dnslists = dnsbl.njabl.org : bl.spamcop.net : sbl.spamhaus.org : list.dsbl.org : cbl.abuseat.org :

3. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is for sending out of the server, right ? :)

I am not 100% sure if this resolved the issue but it appears to be resolved. I will update here if I continue to experience this. Thank you bmcpanel :)