500 error when calling WHM::header

mooseable

Registered
Apr 24, 2019
Perth, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have v78.0.21 installed with CloudLinux, CageFS and CSF+CXS.
I've also got Engintron installed, but I can see when it calls "WHM::header('Engintron for cPanel/WHM', 1, 1);", it errors with;

Warning: file_get_contents(/var/cpanel/caches/_generated_header_files/cache_keys.json): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/cpanel/php/WHM.php on line 61

We do not log in to WHM as root, instead as a reseller with "all" permissions.

Even if I chmod that file as 777, it will not open the file.

So I believe it may be a cageFS thing, but after any tips if someone has run in to the same thing.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I have v78.0.21 installed with CloudLinux, CageFS and CSF+CXS.
I've also got Engintron installed, but I can see when it calls "WHM::header('Engintron for cPanel/WHM', 1, 1);", it errors with;

Warning: file_get_contents(/var/cpanel/caches/_generated_header_files/cache_keys.json): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/cpanel/php/WHM.php on line 61

We do not log in to WHM as root, instead as a reseller with "all" permissions.

Even if I chmod that file as 777, it will not open the file.

So I believe it may be a cageFS thing, but after any tips if someone has run in to the same thing.

Does the issue persist with engintron disabled? This is a 3rd party product and has been known to cause issues.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
We don't support Engintron, if you're having an issue being caused by the 3rd party plugin I'd suggest addressing it with the makers of the product.

The provide support through github: engintron/engintron

Their documentation can be found here: Engintron Documentation

frogstarr78

Apr 11, 2013
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider