The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 internal server error coming after installing script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prasanth Kumar, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Prasanth Kumar

Prasanth Kumar Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    i am using to install script at domain[dot]com . (hosting with hostgeator shared linux hosting)

i uploaded the zip file into cpanel

extracted the zip file.

opened my site in new tab. done my installation steps with database details.

after this 500 internal server error coming in my site.

so again i deleted everything in files folder except cgi-bin again i uploaded and extracted. still 500 error coming(at this time not asking any thing to install)

during installation it asked to change some files as 777 permissions. so i gave to TMP folder of my uploaded files.

i have successsfully installed this script and done everying at domain.com but in the above domain is not working . please some body help.

This my error log. this may help you to solve my problem.

Code:
    [Tue Dec 30 08:27:57 2014] [alert] [client 111.93.159.50] /home3/rightrmq/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    [Tue Dec 30 08:27:57 2014] [alert] [client 111.93.159.50] /home3/rightrmq/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

#1 Prasanth Kumar, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2014
  2. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

You should contact the host (HostGator) for assistance since you are a website owner and don't have root access. The error you provided means that HostGator is probably running the suPHP handler which does not allow for php_flags to be set within an .htaccess file. Those are generally only allowed on servers running the DSO PHP handler.

You might try re-uploading all files and commenting out the php_flag lines you see in the .htaccess file and then uploading that separately. Then see if you still get the 500 errors.