The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 internal server Error on shared server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bokiromanista, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Bokiromanista

Bokiromanista Registered

Hello I have one problem I have installed smf RC3 forum on my hosting now Im upgrade to version SMF RC4 and start reinstall some packages on forum youtube button etc. and I got message 500 Internal server error and I cant load any php file from my site Im use shared server please help me and if already have similar topic give me link

PHP version > 5.2.17
    OS> linux
    Cpanel PRO 1.0(RC1)

2. twinfinity

twinfinity Member

Was the forum working before you started to install the packages ? If so, remove the packages one by one, reverse of the way you added them until you find the package that is your issue.

3. Bokiromanista

Bokiromanista Registered

When I installed new version of forum everyithing work perfect but error is show when I installed youtube bbc button from where I need to remove data or from mysql too. But somethin confusing me too I have forum and site in folders public_html/forum and public_html/home but now php files not work on joomla site too who placed in "home" folder I cant understand how forum package can disturb work of joomla files

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If the developer of the button has a forum, you may want to post on that forum, or on the SMF forum at Simple Machines Community Forum - Index location.

The cPanel community wouldn't have knowledge of how this specific mod is working and impacting Joomla as well as SMF.

5. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you post the result of grep username /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log. We may be able to trace the error with the error log.

6. BMR777

BMR777 Member

Most common issue for 500 internal server error on CPanel servers is you are trying to CHMOD files to 777 permissions when the max the server will safely allow for is 755. Easy fix is make sure no .php files have 777 permissions, as the server's security will kick in with the 500 error if this is the case. :)