Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

500 Internal Server Error - Server Migration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thorny23, Oct 31, 2010.

1. thorny23

thorny23 Registered

Hi all,

This is my first post here, unfortunately it's one to do with support. My current hosting company have just moved us over to a new VPS migrating our data over and updating it as they would usually do. Unfortunately when it came to checking the sites (those that run PHP) they all presented a 500 Internal Server Error message. I have done a bit of digging around on these forums & on google etc to see if there's an explanation and was told to check the error_log as i have done, this seems to be outputting the following, over and over:

[crit] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission denied: /usr/local/apache/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

I have reported this back to the host but unfortunately they seem to be turning a blind eye to it. It seems that disable SuPHP has worked for now but i am aware that this is detrimental to the security of the server. Im still also unable to visit Best Web Hosting Reviews | 2010 Web Hosting Ratings for Domain Names, Windows, Linux. - this still presents a 500 Internal Server Error.

I am hoping someone could please direct me further on this and hopefully provide a resolution, i am fairly new to all of this so please bear with me!

Thanks
    Sam

2. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    sounds like the server is running phpsuexec and that's causing problems with your php values in .htaccess files. Try disabling phpsuexec / suphp

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...