Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

500 Internal Server Error: UID of script smaller than min_uid

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Q309, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Q309

Q309 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I upgraded from EasyApache 3 to to 4 several days ago.

My phpbb forum that was working fine has gone offline, I get “500 Internal Server Error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request”.

Form Apache error log: ‘SoftException…UID of script "/home/example/public_html/exampleforum/app.php" is smaller than min_uid’ etc.

I read somewhere that this error is caused by: “the script you are trying to run is owned by root user and you are not root user. In order to fix this issue all you need to do is fix the permissions for the files. Here is how you do it: chown -R user /home/user/folder"

public_html folder is owned by user123(I have an old wordpress site there that works normally, and its files are owned by user123)

My problem is that there are so many folders and files inside the forum such that its not possible to do it 1 folder/file at a time.

Is there a code I can use to have all the files/folders inside exampleforum etc. to have ‘user123’ instead of ‘root’ user? Thank you.

NB: Running CENTOS 6.10 kvm v72.0.10

TAGS: apache,min_uid,500 Internal Server Error,EasyApache4

2. Q309

Q309 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I upgraded from EasyApache 3 to to 4 several days ago.

My phpbb forum that was working fine has gone offline, I get
    Code:
    500 Internal Server Error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request
    Form Apache error log:
    Code:
    SoftException…UID of script "/home/example/public_html/exampleforum/app.php" is smaller than min_uid
    etc.

I read somewhere that this error is caused by: “the script you are trying to run is owned by root user and you are not root user. In order to fix this issue all you need to do is fix the permissions for the files. Here is how you do it”:
    Code:
    chown -R user /home/user/folder
    public_html folder is owned by user123(I have an old wordpress site there that works normally, and its files are owned by user123)

My problem is that there are so many folders and files inside the forum such that its not possible to do it 1 folder/file at a time.

Is there a code I can use to have all the files/folders inside exampleforum etc. to have ‘user123’ instead of ‘root’ user? Thank you.

NB: Running CENTOS 6.10 kvm v72.0.10

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...