The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 internal server error with SSL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aprillia99, Dec 12, 2012.

1. aprillia99

aprillia99 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I recently set up a SSL on my site. since i have i get a 500 internal server error on the HTTPS:// of my site. looking into the prob i see the logs are saying there is a error
    Code:
    SoftException in Application.cpp:422: Mismatch between target UID (99) and UID (503) of file
    This error with research i found out its because something was changed to "nobody" where i need to be my username in the httpd.conf. So have SSH into my server but for the life of me i can figure out how to get to where i need to be to edit the info.

Any help would be great :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The best solution to this problem is to obtain a dedicated IP address for any account that you plan to install a SSL Certificate on. If you are unable to obtain a dedicated IP address, you can install one certificate under the "nobody" username. The following thread includes steps to take to ensure there are no errors when using suPHP and a shared certificate:

suPHP and SSL Certificate under "nobody" user

Thank you.