The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jallekobber, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Jallekobber

Jallekobber Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I have been getting 500 Internal Server error on one of my sites and I've been googling around for some time and it seems for every thread there is, then it is possible that it is cPanel but I dont know so here it comes.

I wanted install a forum software on one of my friends website on my server. I have installed it but all we get is the internal server error. When I refresh the page and look in the log I get this:

"GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/ Safari/537.1"
    "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.60 Safari/537.1"

I googled that error but nothing showed up. Again, this is only happening to one server and I do not know why.

I appreciate any help.

Jacob

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The logs you have given shows HTTP 404 response code and it should not be related to the 500 error. You have to check apache error log ( /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log ) to find the exact error.

To watch the error,

1. Log in to the server as root and run the command "tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log"

2. Access the website from your browser.

3. Now watch the shell ( you took in step 1 ) and see the error message.

That will help you to find and fix the error.

Thank you.