The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 server errors when CGI is php_handler

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moonray, Nov 23, 2009.

1. moonray

moonray Registered

Nov 23, 2009
    [SOLVED] 500 server errors when CGI is php_handler

I have checked all these basics before posting here:

1. Permissions
    . . . a. 755 for folders and 644 for all files in public_html and below in all accounts on my VPS
    . . . b. 755 for /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php and /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php-cgi
    2. Ownership set to user:user for all accounts (using # /scripts/chownpublichtmls)
    3. No php_value or php_flag in .htaccess files

PHP Version 5.2.11
    System: Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1 SMP Mon Nov 17 19:09:18 MSK 2008 i686
    Configure Command: './configure' '--disable-pdo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pgsql=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'

The Problem:

1. I want to enable PHP suEXEC with Mod_suphp Support
    2. When I enable suphp/CGI as the php_handler (through WHM >> Service Configuration >> Apache Configuration >> Configure Suexec and PHP), I get 500 errors on ALL accounts of VPS.
    3. When php_handler is set to DSO, sites are up, but it creates problems for my scripts (as permissions are max 755/644 for folders/files).

What else should I look at?

Any other info that will be useful?

My hosting technical support has not been able to help me so far.

Thanks in advance,

Checked the size of these TWO files (these have a max limit of 2GB):

Both were >2GB in size. Just renamed them to something else, like suexec_log_toolarge...

IT's Working NOW!

Thanks again to this great forum! I will check here before I ask anything from my hosting support ;)

#1 moonray, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009