The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 server errors when CGI is php_handler

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moonray, Nov 23, 2009.

1. moonray

moonray Registered

[SOLVED] 500 server errors when CGI is php_handler

Hello,

I have checked all these basics before posting here:

1. Permissions
    . . . a. 755 for folders and 644 for all files in public_html and below in all accounts on my VPS
    . . . b. 755 for /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php and /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php-cgi
    2. Ownership set to user:user for all accounts (using # /scripts/chownpublichtmls)
    3. No php_value or php_flag in .htaccess files

phpinfo()

PHP Version 5.2.11
    System: Linux host.mydomain.com 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1 SMP Mon Nov 17 19:09:18 MSK 2008 i686
    Configure Command: './configure' '--disable-pdo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pgsql=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'

The Problem:

1. I want to enable PHP suEXEC with Mod_suphp Support
    2. When I enable suphp/CGI as the php_handler (through WHM >> Service Configuration >> Apache Configuration >> Configure Suexec and PHP), I get 500 errors on ALL accounts of VPS.
    3. When php_handler is set to DSO, sites are up, but it creates problems for my scripts (as permissions are max 755/644 for folders/files).

What else should I look at?

Any other info that will be useful?

My hosting technical support has not been able to help me so far.

Thanks in advance,
    moonray

EDIT
    SOLUTION

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/500-internal-server-errors-all-sudden-112269.html

Checked the size of these TWO files (these have a max limit of 2GB):
    /usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_log
    /usr/local/apache/logs/suphp_log

Both were >2GB in size. Just renamed them to something else, like suexec_log_toolarge...

IT's Working NOW!

Thanks again to this great forum! I will check here before I ask anything from my hosting support ;)

moonray

#1 moonray, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009