"503 Service Unavailable" on some subdomains

leobibiano

Sep 7, 2020
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I have the following message returned when trying to access my subdomain https://megaudi.domain.app.br:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

However, when accessing another subdomain that is in the same directory and the same server, access is done normally. For example: https://mysii.domain.app.br

I already changed the max_execution_time in PHP.ini from 30 to 90 according to some tips found. However, to no avail.

I also tried to modify Max Requests and Max Children in Software-> MultiPHP Manager-> System PHP-FPM Configuration according to other tips found. However, without success too.

Is there any other reason for this to happen? What can I do to resolve this?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

leobibiano

Sep 7, 2020
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I decided to do the following steps:

I went to WHM-> Software-> MultiPHP Manager-> System PHP-FPM, clicked Turn Off, then On and clicked Convert All Accounts to PHP-FPM.

It worked, solved my problem. But I still don't understand the purpose of this option and why it wasn't working. Can someone explain to me?

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Have you tried to look into the logs? /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log for example to see what wass causing the issue.

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
You need to look at the logs to identify what is causing the error. Just changing things without actually knowing what is going wrong is not going to be a solution. I would start with the apache error logs at /etc/apache2/logs/error_log then check the php-fpm PHP logs at /home/$user/logs/ and the actual PHP-FPM Logs depending on the PHP they are at: /opt/cpanel/ea-phpXX/root/var/log/php-fpm/error.log