The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ben Harris, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Ben Harris

Ben Harris Member

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a script to kind of detect if a site is down, or isn't as it should be. It is all working fine, but one of the things I was working on was identifying sites which have exceeded their bandwidth limit. I thought this would be easy as the Bandwidth Limit Exceeded page had its own HTTP status code, but when I came to test it out on an account which had exceeded its bandwidth limit, it would not work.

(I would like to add here that I know I can view accounts over their bandwidth limits within WHM, the script I am designing however needs to be able to identify the sites "status" no-matter which server the site is on)

I looked into it further, and it turns out that the page is actually returning a 500 Internal Server Error page and not the 509 status code.

I took a look in /usr/local/cpanel/apache/mod_bwlimited.c and I can see clearly that the status code is defined in it, and it all looked OK.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Is it a bug or just my server?

Regards,

Ben