The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

550 Administrativen prohibition issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by misterb, Jun 8, 2007.

1. misterb

misterb Active Member

I have had customers on two of my servers report that when someone outside of the server sends them an email it fails to deliver and gets the 550 Administrativen prohibition message.

This just started today and has never happened in the past. Also this is on two different servers.

I tried sending an email from hotmail to a customer and also received the error.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Try resetting your exim config in whm.

3. koolcards

koolcards Well-Known Member

I've used A1monitor.com's monitoring program for years (well worth every penny) to keep tabs on my servers, having it email both my regular address as well as my cell phone on any machine failure using a descriptive address like "BX34@MyDomain.com" as a "From:" address (I can see at a glance the machine involved on my cell). Yesterday, all that stopped working because exim wouldn't accept the mail. Fortunately, I still use a couple of visual alerts also or I'd have been screwed.

After trying a number of fixes found here in the forums, I checked the " Use the old transport based spamassassin system instead of the new acl style one. (not recommended, slow)" in my exim configuration for the servers. Configure that without the " Verify the existence of email senders." and it works again.

4. misterb

misterb Active Member

Found a Temporary Fix

My server admin went ahead and disabled RBL (Relay Block List) on the servers and now all seems to be fine. My customers are probably getting more spams but this seems to have worked. Must be a bug in Cpanel that needs to be fixed. We will enable RBL in a couple days to see if its been addressed yet.