The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

550 local or sender?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zion Ahead, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Zion Ahead

Zion Ahead Well-Known Member

An external server tried to send an email to one of the email forwarders I have on my account (user@localhost.com) but it bounced with an 'Undeliverable' message. I've double-checked the forwarder and it looks correct to me. The message is below.

Code:
    Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 2:27 AM
    To: chelsea@localhost.com; wade@localhost.com
    Subject: Undeliverable: Reminder- WARNING PMS APPROACHING

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:  Reminder- WARNING PMS APPROACHING

Sent:     11/10/2006 2:00 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

chelsea@localhost.com on 11/10/2006 2:27 AM

The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason.  Check the address and try again.  If it still fails, contact your system administrator.

< cnxtsmtp5.conexant.com #5.0.0 X-Tumbleweed-MailGate; host localhost.com[xxxlocalipxxx]    said: 550-Verification failed for <user@externalhost.com> 550-Called:    198.62.9.40 550-Sent:     RCPT TO:<user@externalhost.com> 550-Response:    554 <user@externalhost.com>: Relay access denied 550 Sender verify failed    (in reply to RCPT TO command)>

wade@localhost.com on 11/10/2006 2:27 AM

The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason.  Check the address and try again.  If it still fails, contact your system administrator.

< cnxtsmtp5.conexant.com #5.0.0 X-Tumbleweed-MailGate; host localhost.com[xxxlocalipxxx]    said: 550-Verification failed for <user@externalhost.com> 550-Previous    (cached) callout verification failure 550 Sender verify failed (in reply to    RCPT TO command)>
    Is this from my host server or the sending server?

I have cpanel / exim with " Use callouts to verify the existence of email senders" enabled