The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

550 Sending error on just one domain name.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by trec-r, Dec 30, 2015.

1. trec-r

trec-r Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Recently moved all accounts to a new server. Was on a VPS now on a dedicated. All accounts are working fine, expect for one domain name. All email accounts on one domain get an error message in webmail.

In Roundcube the message is:
    Code:
    SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "test@domain.com" (Verification failed for <test@sending.com>
    The mail server could not deliver mail to test@sending.com. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.
    Sender verify failed).
    In Horde:
    Code:
    There was an error sending your message:
    Message could not be delivered - the address was not found, is unknown, or is not receiving messages.
    In Squirrelmail:
    Code:
    Message not sent.
    Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
    Server replied: 550 Verification failed for <test@sending.com>
    The mail server could not deliver mail to test@sending.com. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.
    Sender verify failed
    I have checked DNS settings, repaired perms, and checked all the settings I could think of with no change.

2. trec-r

trec-r Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This has been solved, kinda. I did not know it but one of my coworkers was working on the issue at the same time. He said the MX was set to remote and changed it to local. I followed the steps from this post Unable to send mail from within Webmail which also appeared to be a problem. However because we both made changes, I am unsure what actually fixed the problem.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. trec-r

trec-r Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I always hate it when I come across a thread that matches my needs, reading through pages and pages of posts, just to find someone post "Solved it thanks guys!" with nothing about how it was solved. I don't want to be that guy.

webguy_ddm and RWH Tech like this.
  5. aztopdavid

aztopdavid Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I followed the link above and the clue that helped me was this response:
    I had just recently messed with my "Personal Information" settings in Horde, adding an identity and I had a typo in my email address, which was producing the somewhat misleading error message.