The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

550-Verification failed error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by devGOD, May 17, 2011.

1. devGOD

devGOD Well-Known Member

Can someone explain why this error is being received? I can send out email to the receipt but when they try and send and email to me they're getting a 550-Verification failed error. the email bemail@sdomain.edu is valid but it looks like its putting btv1==11874f5c763== in front of it making it invalid

Code:
    email@domain.com
    #< #5.0.0 X-Spam-&-Virus-Firewall; host domain.com[67.19.XXX.XX] said: 550-Verification failed for <btv1==11874f5c763==bemail@sdomain.edu> 550-Called: 74.125.XX.XX 550-Sent: RCPT TO:<btv1==11874f5c763==bemail@sdomain.edu> 550-Response: 550 No such user - psmtp 550 Sender verify failed (in reply to RCPT TO command)> #SMTP#

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Without knowing the real receiving email address, it isn't really possible to determine why this email cannot receive from the select sender. Can they send from a different email client than the one they are using? Can other senders successfully send to that account?

3. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On our servers we only have "Verify sender" option enabled (without callouts). And normally this works just fine, although today one customer started to complain about not being able to send emails to our host. On exim_rejectlog I can only see these 2 lines:

Code:
    2011-07-04 14:46:06 H=mta1e-out-s7.mail.zscaler.net [95.172.88.30] sender verify fail for <tore@team-bygg.no>: No Such User Here
    2011-07-04 14:46:06 H=mta1e-out-s7.mail.zscaler.net [95.172.88.30] F=<tore@team-bygg.no> rejected RCPT <axel@nonstopas.no>: Sender verify failed
    Our server hosts nonstopas.no domain. Is it possible to make any conclusion from these 2 lines? and/or any suggestion. I have already asked support staff to (if possible) obtain full bounce-back email from customer, but I personally don't see how that could help.. :(

Anton.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The message indicates that the email account isn't being found (No Such User Here). Are the sender and receiver on the same machine? Are they using the email from that machine? I ask as that IP doesn't belong to the MX records that team-bygg.no shows:

Code:
    root@host [~]# exim -bt tore@team-bygg.no
    tore@team-bygg.no
      router = lookuphost, transport = remote_smtp
      host mta1e.mail.zscaler.net [95.172.88.18]    MX=40
      host mta1a.mail.zscaler.net [216.218.133.196] MX=50
      host mta1c.mail.zscaler.net [216.52.207.82]   MX=100
    If the email server isn't on the same machine as the domains trying to send (they appear to be sending from 95.172.88.30), then those domains need to be in /etc/remotedomains file and removed from /etc/localdomains file.

RobinF28 likes this.
  5. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ah, right! I forgot to check this - domain team-bygg.no was in "/etc/localdomains" and that explains why user validation failed.

6. system1351

system1351 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yes, check the /etc/localdomains and /etc/remotedomains