The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7000+ emails in queueu - good emails but please help

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Secret Agent, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

Ok, I have someone on my server who does a banner link exchange. She has 7000+ emails (legit) in queue. Reason being is because the entire time the "prevent useer nobody from sending mail" feature was on. So I unchecked it. I went to mail queue and "attempt to send all mail in queue". I also have "0" for max emails per domain per hour so that should not be a problem.

I went back 5 minutes later and all 7536 (to be exact) are still sitting there. Now the exim status is green and good as is everything else on the server. I attempted to deliver one email and it showed this:

Message 1CMpIK-0001Od-IY is not frozen
    delivering 1CMpIK-0001Od-IY
    LOG: MAIN PANIC
    User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
    LOG: MAIN
    == root@server.domain.com R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (-29): User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
    <= <> R=1CMpIK-0001Od-IY U=mailnull P=local S=1320
    delivering 1CNJAf-0006xw-Mi
    LOG: MAIN PANIC
    User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
    == root@server.domain.com R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (-29): User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list

I'm not quite sure but that is about. It looks totally different from the usual cpanel message you'd see when attempting to deliver an email. Is this normal or not?

Why are all the emails still sitting in queue? I understand that they will go out (or should) a chunk at a time not all at once but what's the delay?

2. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

I also ran:

exim -qff -v

and got several of these...

== nobody@server.clientdomain.com R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: failed to create directories for //mail: Permission denied
    delivering 1CNIAa-00026l-On (queue run pid 22389)

I ran:

exim -qff

2004-10-28 19:10:13 1CNJAf-0006xw-Mi User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list

Why?

3. Przemek

Przemek Active Member

It's because the mail in queue is supposed to be delivered to root@yourserver account and this is not allowed by exim. You have to set up in WHM a redirection for root mail to some other mailbox on your system.

Go to WHM and click on "Change System Mail Preferences". There you can configure the redirection for root, nobody and mailman.