The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bug with cPAddon installations in subfolders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sven4o, Oct 12, 2011.

1. sven4o

sven4o Member

Hello cPanel Support Team,

I would like to report the following problem with the cPAddons functionality.

When I try to install a script included in the cPAddons list on more than one existing subdomain I get the error that there is already a copy installed in the public_html:

There is already public_html install of this addon.

To recreate the problem please follow the steps listed below:

1. Open cPanel and create a subdomain, for example subdomain1.domain.com that will open the content of public_html/subdomain1.

2. Create a second subdomain subdomain2.domain.com that will open the content of public_html/subdomain2.

3. Open the cPAddons area and install a random script included in the list to Installation URL: http://subdomain1.domain.com. Do not add a subfolder in the field below "Installation URL:". Leave it blank so the script is installed directly in the subdomain's root web folder.

4. Try to perform the installation of the same script for the second subdomain. Again, try to install it in the web root for the subdomain.

Once you click on the Install button you will see the error message:

There is already public_html install of this addon.

The cPanel version is 11.30.1 (build 4).

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Best Regards

2. mrmcmichael

mrmcmichael Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am also having this problem. Unfortunately this is the one thing that I really need to be able to do with cpanel.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

We have internal case 44402 about the issue, but this is by design that any existing installation of the cPAddon will not allow an additional installation on any other addon or subdomain on the account. A future cPAddons update may eventually relegate this to being allowed, but currently this is how the system is setup.

If you would like the wording to be redone to indicate that any existing installation occurs will not allow another installation, you might submit a ticket to http://go.cpanel.net/bugs and report this issue asking for a re-wording of the message so that users will not be confused about what is and is not allowed for the installation.

Thanks!

4. Ballarino

Ballarino Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Has this ever been addressed? I want to have several domains in my one cpanel account and host wordpress on each one... I can't install WP on the second domain? why?

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I already addressed this:

It is how cPAddons are currently implemented. You are welcome to either manually install WordPress on the other domains or to use another automation script such as Softaculous or Fantastico to do so. Until we change the existing behavior, this is not possible to do.

6. Charmer83

Charmer83 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not sure if i understand completely. Has this issue been address yet? I used Softaculous to install wordpress on an addon domain. I want to add another addon domain and be able to use wordpress for it too. Can I install another installation of wordpress for that addon too or am i going to run into problems? I am using wordpress as the site its self and want to use wordpress on the next domain.

7. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Because you're using Softaculous, this situation described in this thread would not affect you.