The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of probelms...

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Valkrist, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Valkrist

Valkrist Registered

I'm honestly not sure if either of these issues are caused by CPanel X, but I figure I may be able to get help here.
    First of all, with the mail.... I set up the mail for myself and two other accounts with Neomail through cpanel. I tried to set up MS Outlook express (with the little automatic setup link) and it didn't work. Also, I would rather myself along with the other users of the mail to be able to do web based mail viewing. Would I have to give the other account holders access to the cpanel to get into their mail? I don't want to have to do that....

And my other problem... I set up a database, access host, and username for the database. I am trying to use phpBB 2.0 as my forum, but when I point it to the databases I've created it says it cannot connect to the database. Everything is entered correctly in the install script on phpBB, so I'm thinking I may have messed up in cpanel....

Thanks much for the help

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

1) No, if you direct them to domain.com/webmail they can log in with their full e-mail address and password.

2) Make sure you add the user to the database on the same screen. Adding the user is not enough. You have to give the user permission to access that particular database.