The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carla_Birch, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Carla_Birch

Carla_Birch Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, up on logging into WHM I'm faced with the main page and menu not loading and giving the error:

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

Upon clicking that it gives the following error:

Code:
    not a reference at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedDataStore.pm line 166 
    	Carp::croak('not a reference') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line 76 
    	Storable::logcroak('not a reference') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line 297 
    	Storable::_store_fd('CODE(0x80cef70)', 'alarm', 'GLOB(0x83c6a70)')  called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/Storable.pm line  289 
    	Storable::nstore_fd('alarm', 'GLOB(0x83c6a70)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedDataStore.pm line 166 
    	 Cpanel::CachedDataStore::loaddatastore('/var/cpanel/pluginscache.yaml',  0, 'HASH(0x83bdce0)') called at  /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedDataStore.pm line 38 
    	Cpanel::CachedDataStore::load_ref('/var/cpanel/pluginscache.yaml',  'HASH(0x83bdce0)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CachedDataStore.pm  line 28 
    	Cpanel::CachedDataStore::fetch_ref('/var/cpanel/pluginscache.yaml') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 552 
    	main::_plugins_data() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 499 
    	main::_init_whm_template_required_variable('addons', 'HASH(0xe27d70)') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 414 
    	main::themecommand() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 20

2. ModServ

ModServ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Did you try reinstalling cPanel?

PHP:
    /scripts/upcp --force

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In most tickets that I've seen this error, it indicated a compromised system. I highly suggest opening up a ticket with us using the link in my signature for us to determine if that is the case. If the system is compromised, then please ensure to have off server backups so you would be able to reprovision a new system for those accounts.