The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stianjaco, Oct 25, 2012.

1. stianjaco

stianjaco Registered

Oct 25, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It all started when I tried to install FFMPEG (I used / this tutorial but I changed some of the packages to newer versions. First I got a disk failure when trying to install ruby with the command "/scripts/installruby". Then my VPS Host when I clear the problem and I tried to continue. Got to the point in witch
    I was suppose to install the ffpmeg-php. Everything seemed fine, but the phpinfo() did not show that the extension was installed. Tried to login to WHM to check there, and thats when all hell broke loose. After login to WHM all i get is a blank page with an error. Can't do anything. Tried to update and restart cpanel, no luck..
    The error I get is:
    not a reference at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ line 165
    	Carp::croak('not a reference') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/ line 76
    	Storable::logcroak('not a reference') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/ line 303
    	Storable::_store_fd('CODE(0x1a14c960)', 'pst0^E^H^C', 'GLOB(0x1a2de000)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/ line 295
    	Storable::nstore_fd('pst0^E^H^C', 'GLOB(0x1a2de000)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ line 165
    	Cpanel::CachedDataStore::loaddatastore('/var/cpanel/pluginscache.yaml', 0, 'HASH(0x1a2dde10)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ line 37
    	Cpanel::CachedDataStore::load_ref('/var/cpanel/pluginscache.yaml', 'HASH(0x1a2dde10)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ line 27
    	Cpanel::CachedDataStore::fetch_ref('/var/cpanel/pluginscache.yaml') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 658
    	main::_plugins_data() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 605
    	main::_init_whm_template_required_variable('addons', 'HASH(0xea8060)') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 516
    	main::themecommand() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr10 line 223
    I'm using CentOS 5.7

Btw. Is there a better way to get ffmpeg (with the php extension) to work with cpanel, maybe a newer tutorial?
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is that the entire error message? Do you see anything else when tailing /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log in root SSH upon loading up WHM?

Also, of note, we do not support FFMPEG questions on the forums. This is for legal reasons. It would be highly advisable to direct questions to some online FFMPEG forum instead.