Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J.C, May 24, 2006.

1. J.C

J.C Member

'[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive] There was an error while fetching http://layer1.cpanel.net/buildapache.rc'

At approx. 2AM GMT my server stopped working, MySQL was down etc. Now today, my whole server is offline. I try to update Apache but I get the above error....

I try and load cPanel News but get:

'[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive] Unable to fetch Web Host Manager news. The News server may be down or unreachable.'

I've also tried updating cPanel/WHM but continue to see 'Can't access startfile' errors.

Any help would be good.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LKHOST.COM

LKHOST.COM Registered

Well

Well, open a cpanel ticket...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Whenever you see this error:
    You need to check the cpanel error log:

/usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

Without more meaningful errors and what you've found in the root shell, it's difficult to suggest anything else.