CENTOS 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version
v94.0.5

Wizardly

May 3, 2021
digital underground
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
So apparently my CPanel/WHM did an automatic upgrade yesterday(May 2nd) in the middle of the night and something went wrong but I don't know why. I received SMS text messages of errors which said something like: "The CPanel & WHM update process failed for the following reason: Maintenance ended; however, it did not exit cleanly." and mentions a path: /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updatesigningkey and "Failed to fetch using Cpanel::HTTP::Client:Cpanel::Exception::HTTP::Network/

Also when I login to WHM there is the typical yellow balloon message "You must reboot the server to apply software updates". When I try to do that, I am taking to an error page that says:

The system failed to send an <abbr title="Hypertext Transfer Protocol">HTTP</abbr> “GET” request to “https://patches.kernelcare.com/[redacted]/version” because of an error: SSL connection failed for patches.kernelcare.com: SSL wants a read first at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/KernelCare/Availability.pm line 66.
Cpanel::KernelCare::Availability::kernel_is_supported() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/KernelCare.pm line 36
Cpanel::KernelCare::system_supports_kernelcare() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 5426
main::graceful_reboot_landing("graceful_reboot_landing") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 366
Whostmgr::Dispatch::_do_call("graceful_reboot_landing", HASH(0x257abf0), HASH(0x2569c28)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 178
Whostmgr::Dispatch::dispatch("graceful_reboot_landing", 1, ARRAY(0x257aab8), HASH(0x2569c28)) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 440

Please help!

Wizardly

May 3, 2021
digital underground
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I will try it now. It looks like something wrong with SSL. I can't wget any file on SSL.
I just ran this command: openssl s_client -connect minecraft.net:443 -tls1
And the result:
CONNECTED(00000003)
140508706940816:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number :s3_pkt.c:365:
---
no peer certificate available
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
SSL handshake has read 5 bytes and written 7 bytes
---
New, (NONE), Cipher is (NONE)
Secure Renegotiation IS NOT supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
No ALPN negotiated
SSL-Session:
Protocol : TLSv1
Cipher : 0000
Session-ID:
Session-ID-ctx:
Master-Key:
Key-Arg : None
Krb5 Principal: None
PSK identity: None
PSK identity hint: None
Start Time: 1620072864
Timeout : 7200 (sec)
Verify return code: 0 (ok)
---

Wizardly

May 3, 2021
digital underground
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I am contemplating a Hard reboot because I am getting this error in Tweak Settings page: In order to prevent conflicts, Tweak Settings may not be altered while a cPanel & WHM® update is in progress.

I did a graceful reboot already and nothing changed.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Is there any way you could submit a cPanel ticket to us? As long as we can get SSH access to the server we'd be happy to take a look. I can't guarantee we'll be able to resolve the https issues you're seeing, but we may be able to help narrow down what the issue could be.