The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A "feature" I've asked for a trillion times... ;-)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ckizer, May 3, 2005.

1. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

The listing of email accounts databases, and any list needs to be completely customizable. CSS needs to be put around them for me to modify...

The email list is so ugly, and no amount of theming can change them.

For example, I want to do alternating row colors on the email accounts lists, use only text, or other things rather than the VERY VERY confusing interface it has now

Anyone agree? I've just always been ignored when I've asked for it.

2. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Put in a feature request in bugzilla. Contact a third party developer to see if one of their themes suits your needs, or design your own theme. :)

3. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be a jerk but I'm done with the cpanel bugzilla, i've logged this "idea" to every bug system you've ever had, this one dates way way back to site5's netadmin and vdi days.

You guys always say "open a bug". It gets filed away and nothing changes very often. It's like pulling teeth to get you guys organized and to keep on the task.

When you guys want a developer to fix your code for free (code=css, html, and such) to be standard in WHM, and Cpanel, and across your entire package...

I'm too old to log bugs and wait around for someone to fix them. Enable me to fix the GUI, and the parts connected to compiled code myself.

Make me a middle man.

Example: WHM listing of accounts, it's on a large web page, but the account list box is about 60 pixels across?, same when entering or editing anything. These are things I can't currently change but if you made me part of the project I could fix for everyone...

Or when going to in WHM to add news to the cpanel account, the last news item you ENTERED should be loaded into the text box, so at the very, subpar minimum you know what you have up now or can just modify that....

I currently work for a fortune 100 company as a "User Interface Developer" and even with this job I'm offering to design cpanel UI for free. I want cpanel to succeed. Let me help cpanel succeed, let me get into the "thick" of the gui, in parts where normal themes can't reach and rock the 'panel.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

But you're wasting your breath if you won't follow the procedure provided. You have to do more than just log it in bugzilla, you need to then post the link to it on the forums and invite others to vote for it. If no one votes for it, then it's obviously not a popular request and cPanel have every right to file it.

5. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

Well I did ask people what they thought and for feedback. So We'll wait and see. If i feature gets added based on the vote of a few hundred uber-geeks from the cpanel forums then we'll, see completely new code base, complete source code, free cpanel, and a host of other "features"

Voting alone doesn't make the feature, it's up to you the cpanel team to implement good ideas. Let me put it this way, is there any reason why you should have css that i can manipulate to change the look of the lists?

It's not even somethint people would vote no on, because those who wanted it the same would see it the same, it would only change for people using the css tags.

I fail to see what there is to vote on. If you want me to setup a vote, asking if people "love" the current view i will, and we all know the answer is no.

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about a forum vote, I'm referring to a bugzilla vote. The voting process in bugzilla draws the attention of the developers if people believe it is a good idea. However, the idea has to be specific.

This is going round in circles, the procedure is there, if you d not wish to follow it, don't expect what you want to be developed.

For those that still don't understand, the procedure is in a sticky thread:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=38350