The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions about Automated Systems?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by dkz, Oct 11, 2004.

1. dkz

dkz Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I have a hosting reseller account and am looking for a good automation program. For the price Whois.Cart seems to be a good deal. I do have a few requirements that possibly no systems can handle but I want some advice. Right now I am using PayPal and StormPay for payment options pending on what country the user is from. So my first question is do any programs handle 2 payment options depending on country? Do the programs use IPN to know who has paid and who has not? Do any programs handle StormPay?

My other questions is about payment cycles. Can any programs create a deferred payment system? How I want it to work is for new customers to join but not fill out the paypal information until an X amount of time but for their account to be setup immeditly. A few days before the trial expires I want it to send an e-mail to them notifying them their service will end unless they pay within 3 days or so.

I would perfer to buy a system outright for under $50.00 rather than leasing them for $25.00 per week. I will still consider the lease option. I also wanted to know if any of the programs have a good community behind them creating plugins for new features?

I hope all this made sense..
    Thanks for the replies!

2. pirania1

pirania1 Well-Known Member

May I suggest you looking at ModernBill?
    While it does not fullfill all your requests at this moment, it's very mature system which is my system of choice.
    You can get a demo and try it for yourself. New version 4.2 certainly rocks the boat!

3. richy

richy Well-Known Member

4. mhbrands

mhbrands Member

go with phpcoin. It's fast, easy and does billing, invoices, manages your customers and has it's own helpdesk program as well. :D

5. dkz

dkz Well-Known Member

I actually looked at phpcoin but it's not exactly user intuitive. I tried to install the WHM addon and I can't get it to work and I just don't have the time to keep messing around with it. Modern Bill and WHMAP both look good but how does Whois.Cart compare?

Thanks for the posts!

6. blikhost

blikhost Member

I second this vote. I use WHMAutoPilot and I'm very happy with it. Looking forward to V3. :)

7. pirania1

I have converted so many customers of WHM AP to MB and they are very happy with my recommendation.
    if you're serious about your bussiness, you need to look at solution that allows growth of your company. If you pick the wrong product - you'll be pretty much screwed in the matter of time. Think of it as investment not spending.

8. blikhost

blikhost Member

That's a bit dramatic IMO but okay :)

We've had decent growth in a relatively short amount of time and WHMAutoPilot has been with us since the being. It's grown with us just fine and to date we haven't grown out of it. Looking forward to more features in V3. We checked out MB and tried the demo and found it wasn't for us.

I am merely giving my recommendation. :rolleyes:

9. pirania1

Hello Christina,

and I am doing same thing based on my experience. Considering the fact my customers are webhosting companies ranging from 50-9000 hosting customers - that's quite a big one.
    I know all about their problems and reasons of picking of one product or another.
    Just recently did a conversion of billing database with 4 years of data and 5000 customers. When I mean growing.. I mean fullfilling your company needs. How can you grow and support customers if your only choice is Cpanel? What about those customers wanting windows hosting? What about those who want only plesk?
    There are many factors to consider. Increasing number of customers is not the only factor driving your growth.

10. blikhost

blikhost Member

Understood, but there are such things as niche markets. We prefer to cater to cpanel customers. It has served us fine and AGAIN, to each their own. But I am not the only host on here recommending WHMAP so it must fulfill more than just our needs.

WHMAP also has a very large community with GREAT support. His needs are just that...his own..and only he can decide what his definition of growth is.

To some, MB simply isn't worth it. My experience is with WHMAP and thus my recommendation...this debate seems odd when the original poster was simply seeking recommendations and I , among several others, made one.

To suggest that one isn't serious about their business simplpy because they opt for the solution that isn't YOUR choice, seems irrational IMO and a bit off topic. :confused:

11. dkz

dkz Well-Known Member

My needs aren't huge at the moment. I don't have thousands of customers and that's not what I even want right now. I'm a website designer and have been for many years. I wanted to offer my customers a logical hosting package for their needs. I'm not one of those designers that charge $50.00 a month for hosting (I see it all the time). At the same time I figure I might as well get some customers for hosting only. A residual income is a nice thing to have. Anyway I still had some questions from my first post I didn't get answered.

Thanks...

12. rmbnet

rmbnet Well-Known Member

I suppose your evaluation should take into consideration your growth plans, I'd say that if you were planning to expand into windows hosting, and wanted a robust solution that would support those clients, then ModernBill would be the choice, if you were going to stay with Cpanel, then WMHAP would work fine (in v.3) ..

The issue we had with WHMAP was that there was no way to record balances and it was not a true accounting system, this cause problems with our particular needs. I understand in v3 they will be adding the ability to float credit balances and beef up accounting. I do not think they will be adding support for other management packages (if I am wrong.. sorry in advance!) ..

We just moved to MB as our needs outgrew WHMAPs ability to support our needs (even with the upcoming v3)

So in short, evaluate where your business will be in 6 months or so, if you are going to provide hosting services outside of *NIX/Cpanel and if your client count will justify the additional expense, i'd choose MB, if not, WHMAP is a great solution... I'd say make that decision up front as importing hundreds of clients to MB was a chore (some products do have an account import function)..

Robert

#12 rmbnet, Oct 22, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2004