SuperBaby

Nov 27, 2003
Thailand
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Twitter
1) Sometimes I receive requests from my hosting customers to troubleshoot problems in their accounts. It is very inconvenient for me to ask for the login password each time. I can see that I have the ability to reset passwords in WHM. So I see no reason why I cannot view customers' passwords. Is there a way to see the passwords?

2) My main drive, as shown under WHM >> Disk Health, is using "ext2" while my secondary drive (solely used for backup) is "ext3". Is that a problem?

3) I am not getting email reports generated by UPCP. How do I know if UPCP is working?

damainman

Nov 13, 2003
when u log in using ur root password... towards the top of cpanel is says this: Warning: You are logged in using the reseller or root password

Does logging into a users account using your root password create a secruity risk?

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
The only security risk is if you log in through port 2082 instead of 2083. With 2082 if someone is spying on you they can get your root password. I have all my client cpanels bookmarked with port 2083.

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
Look at your /var/spool/cron/root file. You should see a line like
55 2 * * * /scripts/upcp
which is what determines when upcp runs. As long as it's there, it's a safe assumption that it is running.

As far as not getting mail, several months ago I quit getting mail for a while but never figured out why. It just started again one day. My guess is a cpanel upgrade.

Anyone else know why he's not getting emails?

edit: silly little spelling error

Last edited:

SuperBaby

Nov 27, 2003
Thailand
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Twitter
No, my server load is extremely low. I know the problem is due to the way the email is sent. Previously I did not get emails from UPCP and LogWatch. But after I changed the mailto in LogWatch from "root" to a full email address, I started getting the email from LogWatch. But I do not know how to do the same thing for UPCP.

damainman

Nov 13, 2003
u should submit a ticket to SM and ask them. Besides that u can always submit a ticket to cpanel..